If you have a Police Emergency dial 911. If you have a noise complaint, suspect drug activity, or other non emergency situation call 311
When should you call 911?
When there is an emergency, lives are in danger, serious injury, serious medical condition, crime in progress, or any other situation needing immediate attention.
What should you do if you see a crime occurring?
- Call 911 immediately.
- Be observant and make mental notes.
- Are there any weapons involved?
- What is the address?
- Any physical characteristics such as height, weight, race, beard, or scars?
- Any clothing description?
- How many people involved?
- Are the persons involved on foot or in a vehicle?
Do I have to give my name when I call 911?
If you wish to remain anonymous or keep information confidential just tell the operator.